Do you wish you worked for one of the best care companies around? We’re a multi award-winning organisation looking for a RGN qualified Care Manager. You will be ensuring our residents, receive person-centred care by building relationships with them, their families, and the local community. Enabling every individual to remain independent and have choices which meet their personal needs. You will be managing and leading a motivated team and promoting meaningful lives for our residents.
This post is for 39 hours per week and will include some weekend working. This post is Fixed term for initially 12 months.
What you will be doing:
- Encouraging residents to maintain their independence by understanding their needs and limitations.
- Participating in the care planning process to ensure residents needs are fully understood, agreed, documented, and delivered.
- Facilitating and lead activities in the provision of an environment which is motivating and stimulating for residents which reflects their Jewish identity and cultural needs.
- Lead an effective and motivated team that provides excellent person-centred care and are focused on building and maintaining relationships with residents and ensuring Jewish Care continues to promote meaningful lives.
- Manage the residential care worker team within the home through reflective practice and regular supervision and performance reviews so that all care staff is fully supported to be effective in their jobs.
- Promote and maintain good channels of communication amongst the team and between service users, family members, volunteers, and staff.
- Oversee the effective management of the unit including the rota, handover process, medication management, doctors’ rounds, end of life care and communication with families.
- Audit the unit to ensure the service is being delivered to Jewish Care standards and in line with all policies and procedures.
- Maintaining standards of practice to meet CQC requirements and legislative directives.
- Deputise for the registered manager in their absence.
What we are looking for:
- RGN or RMN registered with NMC pin
- Previous experience working with older people and leading a team in a care home environment
- Proven experience of being responsible for the day-to-day management of a care home environment
- Experience of administrating medicine
- Experience of dealing with emergency care
- Experience of working with people living with dementia
Jewish Care is the largest provider of health and social care services for the Jewish community in the UK. Every week, we touch the lives of 10,000 people. We provide services to a range of people including older people, people with mental health needs and people living with dementia.
Our five values are at the heart of the way we work. They drive how we act as individuals and as an organisation and shape our culture. We value Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Compassion, and Inclusivity.