We are looking for an experienced and dynamic nurse qualified Deputy Manager to join the Jewish Care team. In this role, you will manage and look after our amazing residents and staff at our Anita Dorfman Nursing Home in Stanmore
Supporting the Registered Manager and working alongside Senior Nurses, Care Managers & Team leaders to provide a high standard of leadership, management and customer care on the units and in the home.
This post is full time working Monday to Friday 39 hours per week.
What you will be doing:
- Overseeing the management of the daily operations and care activities in our home.
- Supporting the Manager & people who live in the home and the staff team as a whole.
- Ensuring that that all staff receive monthly 1:1 supervisions and annual appraisals.
- Providing direction to care staff as required.
- Provide a high standard of leadership.
- Deputising for the Registered Manager, including “on call” duties as required in the absence of the Home Manager.
- Providing Health and safety support to the home, ensuring that a safe environment is maintained at all times.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to contribute and make a positive and lasting impact on the services Jewish Care offer.
The ideal candidate will be:
- RGN Qualified with NMC pin
- Comfortable in leading others and excited by change
- Committed to excellence and continuous improvement
- Be courageous, able to inspire others and inject new thinking
- Hold a professional / academic qualification in health or social care related subject
- Professional e.g. Nursing, social work, e.g. Dip.SW (C.Q.S.W.), CSS, RMN, CQS Level 5 In management or Registered Manager Award
- Have either managed or worked in a senior role in a busy residential home environment
- Been involved or contributed to organisational projects
Jewish Care is the largest provider of health and social care services for the Jewish community in the UK. Every week, we touch the lives of 10,000 people. We provide services to a range of people including older people, people with mental health needs and people living with dementia.
Our five values are at the heart of the way we work. They drive how we act as individuals and as an organisation and shape our culture. We value Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Compassion, and Inclusivity.